10 things that Spirituality means to me
My good friend Sanjay Dutt, put up this post on Facebook and I resonated with it so strongly, I requested him to Guest-Blog it for me here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and I hope it answers some questions for you, or helps clarify something that was at the back of your mind. Happy reading!The last few years brought many setbacks to my life and even more gifts of life. It changed my priorities, my values and me. Going through many crises of meaning, I turned inward to ask life questions. The paths included process work, therapy, vipassana, psychometrics, self help literature, spiritual and philosophical writing, deep conversations, coaching, metaphysical explorations, mentoring others (quite a list!!). I of course saw others on these paths and connected / disconnected with them. Either way I learnt something. All this has clarified for me what “spirituality” means to me. Curious to know what it may mean to you. Here are the top 10 that guide my life now.
- The spirits or the path are not out there. Turn inward.
- There is no “getting there”. There is no “better”. This is it
- If I face resistance – outside or within – its because I am not present fully yet to ALL the spirits in the here-and-now
- Invoking spirits beyond the visible world, abstract concepts, visualizations or philosophy works only if I am fully present to current reality. Any other invoking is my running away from dealing with the “here”
- Yes, love is always the answer. If I think its not, i am yet to find the most present question
- Love is commitment in face of fear. Love is speaking the truth not because I want to, but because the other wants it too and may be too afraid. Love is to accept that I am broken and so are all others. Love is going out to the world and making most of my given gifts
- Life is f***ed. Suffering is real. I have choices though
- I am not uniquely screwed. There are others like me out there. Finding and embracing them is the most healing hug for me. Others heal too!
- Humiliation, shame, guilt, resentment, anger, envy, greed, sadness – express them and they reduce my power and presence. Explore them and I open gates to unlimited potential.
- Picture hamesha baaki hoti hai dost. Yun hi chala chal.