Rightitude (Right + Attitude)
When you fail do you:
1. Reflect & Learn? OR
2. Self flagellate & moan?
One of these attitudes will take you to success!
When you succeed do you:
1. Swell up and feel invincible? OR
2. Appreciate everyone involved & reflect to learn what were the key factors that led to success and key decisions that were taken?
One of these attitudes will sustain success
When you learn something new:
1. Do you apply it at the earliest? OR
2. Plan to apply it and it gets forgotten as time passes by?
When you receive feedback:
1. Do you thank the giver, reflect on your own, go back to seek clarification if required & work on correction/continue the strengths consciously? OR
2. Do you get defensive, justify or start giving feedback to the other person?
One of these attitudes makes you a very irritating person
When your direct report makes an error, do you:
1. Correct in private? OR
2. In front of everyone?
When your Direct report makes an error, do you:
1. Help him learn from the situation and enable/support him for future success? OR
2. Blame him and question his competence/commitment?
In a conflict Situation, do you:
1. Realize it’s a style or an orientation issue; nothing to do with intent; And do you reach out, seek to resolve and strengthen the relationship? OR
2. Ascribe intent, label the individual and weaken the relationship?
Which one are you?
This blogpost came about as a result of a tweet I wrote, and then I decided to do a series… Hope you resonate with this. I’d love for you to add more. Leave them as comments so they stay for others who visit later.
I loved writing this one!
- How your attitude determines your career (msnbc.msn.com)
- The 9 Attitudes of Leadership (personalbrandingblog.com)
- TODAY’S LEADERSHIP MANTRA : Attitude. (martingysler.com)
- Top 10 Leadership Tips (lespetiteschoses1.wordpress.com)
- The future needs an attitude adjustment (energybulletin.net)